An eyewitness to the two explosions at the Boston Marathon today said that a “drill” was repeatedly announced before the bombs exploded and that he “thought it was odd” bomb sniffing dogs were in place before the blast.
University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15 News, “They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.”
The news station also reports that Stevenson “thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.”
Stevenson then describes hearing the explosions as he ran away from the scene, having just completed the marathon.
If this report is accurate, it clearly suggests there could have been some degree of prior knowledge of the bombing, which killed two people and injured at least 23.
The fact that the explosions were preceded and overlapped by a”drill” of an almost identical nature mirrors other major terror attacks, such as the 7/7 bombings in London.
It is important to emphasize that the New York Times recently reported that most of the recent domestic terror plots in the United States “were facilitated by the F.B.I.,” suggesting that today’s incident in Boston may have been part of such an operation.
It remains to be seen how the media and the Obama administration will exploit this incident depending who gets the blame, but Rahm Emanuel’s “never let a serious crisis go to waste” advisory is sure to be in play.
More on this story as it develops…..
- UPDATE: it is now known that they have an all to familiar Saudi suspect. Fifteen of the 19 hijackers in the attacks of September 11, 2001 were Saudi nationals, or so said the IDs that those men were using on that day.
Even though Boston police commissioner Edward Davis told reporters on the record this afternoon that they do not have a suspect in custody inside a Boston Hospital, the New York Post reports otherwise.
Its web site right now says it all: The Post alleges a 20-year-old Saudi national is being held in hospital where he’s being treated for burns. Here’s the Post’s front page:
A federal law enforcement officials said authorities were questioning a Saudi national who was taken to a Boston hospital with injuries. The person was not identified as a suspect.
Here’s the top of the Post’s story, which you can read in full here.
- UPDATE: Why would the Navy send a bomb unit team to Boston? The Boston’s bomb squad is one of the best in the country and I am sure FBI has a heavy bomb unit in the area but I can’t remember ever seeing a Navy bomb unit every being sent in one something like this… seems odd, no? bigstory.ap.org
WASHINGTON (AP) — Obama: Government ‘will increase security around the United States as necessary’
Washington, DC, police chief says “you will see visible increase in [police] presence’ as precaution after Boston.”
Like the NDAA, the new Executive Order puts the government completely above the law, which, in a democracy, is never supposed to happen. The United States is essentially now under martial law without the exigencies of a national emergency.
- UPDATE: I wonder how the New York Post managed to get this info before anything has been announced.
“The New York Post reported a bomber was seen on CCTV footage and that a Saudi national – aged 20 – has been placed under armed guard with burn wounds in an undisclosed Boston hospital. However, Boston police have since said they do not have a suspect in custody.”
Direct link to video comment by news anchor discussing CCTV:http://video.couriermail.com.au/?2379707036
Actual purported CCTV video has not been made public… Which is interesting in and of itself. I’m sure there’s great footage of this guys face out there somewhere, but so far, nothing. Even if what they have is grainy, another person may have caught a better image of him and can check their footage based on what he was wearing.
Not releasing what they have is a problem in my book. It doesn’t make sense
“The reported arrest of a “Saudi national” has now been retracted. Apparently that was a mistake published by the NY Post. Instead, the mainstream media is pushing a new narrative that blames “right-wing extremists” for the bombing, even without a shred of evidence to back that up.” –source
- Red flags are already being raised about the attack, including the admission that the Boston bomb squad was running a bomb drill on the very same day:
- An eyewitness on the ground also confirms that when the explosions rocked the streets, police began shouting, “It’s only a drill!” This is clear evidence that law enforcement had advanced notice of the bombings: